Narrative CVs: from pilot to practice
Narrative CVs: from pilot to practice Online
As part of a wider community drive to adopt responsible and fair approaches in research assessment, narrative CVs provide an opportunity to part ways with historically narrow definitions of success. This new format generally takes a more descriptive approach but importantly it provides a space for researchers to share their varied and diverse contributions to research in a consistent way and across a wide range of personal circumstances and career paths. Narrative CVs are certainly not new but their community adoption is growing rapidly. As a result, now more than ever researchers and those supporting researchers need to be aware of the opportunities and challenges they present.
In this session you will learn:
- What is a Résumé for Research and Innovation (R4RI)-like Narrative CV.
- UKRI’s approach to R4RI-like Narrative CV.
- The benefits and challenges of transitioning to narrative CV's, for researchers, assessors and support staff.
- Work of the communities – Joint Funders Group (JFG) and Alternative Uses Group (AUG).
- Résumé Resources Library – resources available to help you transition from a traditional to a R4RI-like Narrative CV.
Tripti Rana Magar (Senior Strategy Advisor, UKRI)
Hilary Noone (Research and Innovation Culture Lead, UKRI)
Related LibGuide: Open Research statement by Jane Gordon
- Monday, March 27, 2023
- 10:00 - 11:00
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.