Virtual Reality Demonstration Session
Virtual Reality Demonstration Session In-Person
What to expect
We are continuing to integrate advanced technologies into your curriculum. As a result, you may be required at times to use devices such as virtual reality headsets etc. This group session (which will last up to one hour) will provide you with a gentle introduction to using VIVE focus 3 virtual reality headsets, and provide you with an opportunity to become familiar with the features such as setting boundaries, volume adjustments, vision focus and also how to navigate the library and apps already downloaded to the headset. You will be provided with instruction guides and links to videos after the session.
Come along with a friend and embrace the future.
The Following Controlled Measured Assessment is required to be read & reviewed before using the Virtual Reality Headsets
Suitability of room – enough “play area” relevant to the activity taking place i.e activity requires participant to sit or walk around.
- A ‘guardian’ must always be present to support the participant and is responsible for the following:
- Reviewing the surroundings and clearing obstacles
- Preventing bystanders from entering the designated VR area
- Warning participant if they are in danger of coming into contact with furniture or other obstacle.
- Use in a seated position if movement is not required in the software being used.
- Where the VR Headset is tethered the “guardian” should ensure that the cable connecting the headset to the laptop/PC does not become a trip hazard or become tangled.
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023
- 14:00 - 15:00
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- Coach Lane Campus Clinical Skills Centre Room 106 (Upstairs)
- Coach Lane Campus